Fizik Antares VS Evo R3 Adaptive Road Bike Saddle
A 3D printed bike seat with a carbon reinforced nylon shell and a Kium hollow saddle rail with high strength-to-weight ratio grad (R3).
The evolution of digital 3D printing allowed Fizik to develop a new road bike saddle without the constraints or limitations imposed by traditional production methods and materials. The Adaptive bike saddle padding is crafted by carbon using its revolutionary Digital Light Synthesis technology. The DLS is an additive manufacturing process which uses digital ultraviolet light projection, oxygen permeable optics, and programmable liquid resins to produce parts with excellent mechanical properties, resolution and surface finish.
Using the carbon technology, biomechanists and engineers have an unprecedented possibility to design and manufacture multiple functional zones within the bike saddle, tuning each of them separately for specific mechanical properties. Each of these key functional zones is engineered with a distinctive cushioning and mechanical response, joined together progressively and seamlessly in the same padding.
Professional road bike cyclists and amateur riders were tested in both the fizik labs and on the road. During each development phase, every iteration was carefully tested. A great focus has been put on understanding how the pressure patterns change according to different bike geometries, riding positions, and riding styles.
The Fizik Antaras Versus Evo R3 adaptive road bike saddle is very easy to clean. Even with the filthiest road muck, all you need to do is simply hose it over with water. Whatever gets in, gets out. Fizik has put it through the most severe tests, simulating accelerated weathering, UV aging and wear resistance by following strict protocols.
- Length: 274mm
- Width: 139mm | 149mm
- Weight: 209g (139mm) | 215g (149mm)
- Height at 75mm width: 58 mm
- Length from nose to 75mm width: 148 mm
- Rail: 7x7 mm
- Adaptive: Carbon® Digital Light Synthesis™ 3D printing technology, offering seamlessly engineered zonal cushioning
- Versus Evo: Engineered with a degree of flexibilty and a full channel design for pressure relief on soft tissue area
- R3: A combination of a ride compliant carbon reinforced nylon shell and a Kium hollow rail with high strength-to-weight ratio grad
- Intended use: Road racing
Buy Fizik Saddles from New Era Cycle online bike store. The best bike accessories, parts and components shop.