WTB Trail Boss TCS Light Fast Rolling TT SG MTB Tire
Tight enough tread spacing for high speed, drag-free onslaughts yet blocky and tall enough to really dig in when it comes time to slam on the brakes. A rounded profile and staggered, supported side knobs keep clamoring for traction even as the trail loses its camber.
Tritec Compound (TT) : Three compounds provide optimal levels of traction, support and durability. A base of high durometer rubber supports the entire tread and transitions into the knobs to prevent folding or squirming. Medium stiffness center knobs cap the base layer to provide traction and durability without sacrificing rolling efficiency, while soft compound side knobs deliver maximum grip and slow rebound for increased cornering traction.
Slash Guard (SG) : Slash Guard features a nylon insert spanning the entire sidewall, from the tire bead to the outer knob. The insert provides additional sidewall protection without adding unnecessary weight. Nylon is a highly durable material that resists slashes and gashes, making it ideal for defending the most exposed area of the tire. Slash Guard provides an intermediate level of protection for those wanting extra sidewall durability without the weight of a dual ply casing.
- Weight: 27.5 x 2.40″(861g), 27.5 x 2.60″ (897g), 29 x 2.40″ (980g)
- Tightly spaced, blocky tread minimizes rolling resistance until braking allows the knobs to truly dig in.
- Supportive side knobs deliver traction when trying to keep the bike upright on off-camber surfaces.
- Commonly used as a rear tire with a WTB Vigilante on the front.
- Suitable for : Cross Country/Trail/All Mountain
- Conditions : Dry to Damp/Hardpack to Loam
- Optimised for wide rims between 28-35mm
*Price does not include installation
Buy WTB MTB Tires from New Era Cycle online bike store. The best bike accessories, parts, and components shop.