Peaty's HoleShot BioFibre Tubeless Tyre SealantPeaty's
Peaty's HoleShot BioFibre Tubeless Tyre Sealant
Developed alongside World Cup mechanics and world champion racers. Peaty’s Holeshot Tubeless Sealant is packed full of biodegradable fibres & sealing particles to give a fast and strong seal. Using the latest fast-acting latex, Peaty's water-based sealant is ammonia-free, non-hazardous and lasts up to 6 months in the tyre in temperate climates*. It won’t ball up in the tyre and is easily washed out.
The biodegradable fibres and particles bind together with the fast-acting latex to create a clot (like platelets in your blood) to quickly & effectively seal holes and tears up to 6mm.
Peaty's has been continually testing and refining different sealant formulations since the day they first launched their tubeless sealant in 2018. Over the last few years, Peaty's worked with everyone from world cup mechanics and every-day riders to professional product tester, testing over 23 different formulations, with countless revisions, to develop a new sealant formula.
- Biofibres - For a faster, stronger seal: The biggest change with the Holeshot Sealant is the addition of Biofibres. Fibres tangle up with particles and latex to create a faster, more durable seal. Our original sealant didn't have any fibres. This is because the most common and easiest way of achieving a fast seal is by using microplastic fibres. These are very cheap and easy to get old of, but terrible for the environment, so Peaty's stayed away from them. It taken them years to find a biodegradable fibre that seals holes well, yet also last a long time in the tyre. To get a good seal, you need fibres of a really specific sizes, so after years of testing and development, Peaty's found a fibre which gives incredible sealing performance, while remaining super durable.
- Thinner formulation - For a faster tubeless setup: Peaty's made the holeshot sealant slightly thinner as compared to its predecessor, for easier initial set up, and added higher concentrations of sealing compounds to work with the fibres and platelets and give a better, more durable seal. That sounds easy and just add more sealing stuff yeah? The problem is the more sealing 'stuff' you add, the less room there is for other ingredients. Adding more of one thing throws out of the balance of other ingredients, so the more unstable it becomes. Perfecting a sealant which flows easily, seals quickly, works in a good range of operating temperatures and remains super durable has been a long arduous journey. But Peaty's finally got there!
- Black Platelets - Less mess: The shiny turquoise bits in the Peaty's original sealant formula can look a bit of a mess stuck to the inside of your tyre carcass, but they did work real well at sealing holes. Peaty's tried loads of different shape, size and thickness biodegradable additives to move away fro the glitter bits... and tested removing it completely... but ultimately the original size, shape and material always performed the best so Peaty's simply changed them to be black to blend in with the tyre carcasses and look far less messy if it gets sprayed everywhere.
Wait, is that plastic glitter?!: Hell no! No micro-plastics or microfibres here… The platelets in Peaty's sealant are BioGlitter made from a special form of cellulose from hardwoods, primarily eucalyptus sourced from responsibly managed and certified plantations operating to PEFC™ www.pefc.org standards. They work like platelets in your blood, building up behind holes to help the fast acting sealant form an even stronger bond with the rubber in your tyre.
Does it perform?: The reviews speak for themselves. Peaty's Holeshot Biofibre Tubeless Sealant has been awarded a perfect 5/5 stars from world renowned product tester Guy Kesteven over on BikePerfect.com
- Biodegradable sealing fibres
- Biodegradable platelets
- CO2 compatible
- Seals up to 6mm holes
- Operating pressures: 15 to 120 psi
- Operating temperature: -20°c to +50°c
- Seals porous tyres and bead/rim gaps setup
- Road: 30 - 45ml
- Cyclocross: 60 - 75ml
- 26”: MTB 60 - 80ml
- 27.5”: MTB 70 - 90ml
- 29”: MTB 100 - 120ml
*Quantities quoted per tyre. For wider rim / tyre combinations and / or additional puncture protection we recommend adding up to 30ml more sealant to the above quantities
Set up instructions:
- Shake the bottle vigorously before every use to ensure an even distribution of fibres and particles.
- Rinse away any old sealant from the tyre and dry off completely. For brand new tyres degrease, rinse and dry the internal carcass to remove factory mold release agents and other contaminants.
- Seat your tyre onto the rim and inflate initially with no sealant, using a track pump, inflator or compressor to pop the tyre bead fully onto the rim.
- Deflate the tyre and, with the valve at the three o’clock position, use the flexible injector pipe provided to inject the desired amount of sealant directly through the de-cored valve.
- Re-insert the valve core and re-inflate the tyre to desired pressure.
- Distribute the sealant around inside the tyre by spinning the wheel and tapping the tyre on the floor.
- Listen for any air leaks and orientate the wheel so that the sealant flows around the inside of the tyre to the area required. Continue doing this until you can’t hear any more air loss. If a seal can’t be made, add more sealant in increments as required.
- Wash away any excess sealant that may have found its way to the outside of the tyre or rim with water.
- Check tyre pressures and ride!
Buy Peaty's Tubeless Kit from New Era Cycle online bike store. The best bike accessories, parts and components shop.